Rescue Mission Successful! Entire Thai Soccer Team Evacuated from Cave

11 Juillet, 2018, 04:49 | Auteur: Christine Menetries
  • Emergency workers inside the caves during mission to rescue remaining players and coach from deep inside the flooded Tham Luang complex

A foreign diver involved in the mission to save 12 boys and their football coach from a flooded Thai cave has hailed the children as "incredibly strong", and described their treacherous escape journey as unprecedented.

People across Thailand cheered the rescue operation, including at the Mae Sai Prasitsart school where six of the trapped boys are students.

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha was scheduled to make a second visit to the scene late on Monday and the president of soccer's governing body, FIFA, Gianni Infantino, today invited the boys to the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday if they make it out of the cave in time.

However, another official, Thongchai Lertwilairatanapong, inspector general of the public health ministry, said initial blood tests "showed signs of infection". "It is not in any way normal for kids to go cave diving at age 11", Mr Ivan Karadzic, who runs a diving business in Thailand, told the BBC in an interview that was published online on Tuesday (July 10). "Everyone is in high spirits and are happy to get out".

The Thai Navy SEAL unit has posted a series of touching messages on its Facebook page celebrating the safe rescue of 12 young soccer players and their coach, who had been trapped inside a flooded Thai cave since June 23.

Earlier, rescue operation commander Narongsak Osottanakorn said the mission began soon after 10am, involving 19 divers. The first boys rescued in what's been a days-long process were in "high spirits" and generally appeared "healthy", according to the Associated Press.

Four more of the boys were carried on stretchers out of the labyrinthine Tham Luang cave on the Myanmar border at dusk on Monday, bringing to eight the number brought out after two rescue pushes on successive days.

Two of the boys had suspected lung infections but the four boys from the first group rescued were all walking around in hospital.

CM 2018 - Scènes de liesse sur les Champs-Elysées
Les gens sautent dans tous les sens, se prenant dans les bras, les couples s'embrassant debout sur les tables de cafés. La foule a dû se résigner à se rendre dans les bars aux alentours pour regarder la rencontre.

La France qualifiée pour la finale — Mondial
A 20h, ce mardi soir, Belges et Français seront rivés vers leur écran pour assister à la demi-finale de Coupe du monde entre les deux nations.

Rodolfo Rodriguez: Full Story of 92-Year-Old Assaulted In Texas
The attack left the elderly man with bruises all over his body, a broken cheekbone and broken ribs, KNBC reported . Rodolfo Rodriguez was taking his regular walk around his neighborhood on Independence Day when he was attacked.

"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems", Dr Jedsada said.

Another four boys were rescued Monday.

The distance from where the crew is trapped to the main entrance is about a half a mile, and the boys had to travel most of that distance underwater to reach freedom.

At least nine ambulances and a convoy of other vehicles were at the cave site Tuesday.

The rescue mission began on Sunday morning, almost a week since the 12 boys, aged 11-16, and their coach had been discovered on an embankment 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) inside the winding tunnels. After they were found on July 2, officials cautioned it could take some time to get them out, but authorities chose to act with heavy rains forecast to hit the region. Authorities have said the mission could take up to four days to complete and heavy rain is forecast in the coming days.

Former Chiang Rai governor and rescue mission commander Narongsak Osotthanakorn said Monday night that it would take 20 hours to prepare for the operation, but he cautioned timings could change depending on weather and water levels.

So far it has been successful, as three boys have now emerged with the help of divers. Their 25-year-old football coach was the last to come out.

Musk tweeted: "Just returned from Cave 3". Tuesday, referring to the name of the trapped boys' soccer team.

Conseillé:



Populaire

Mauvaise note pour le président Macron dans sa maîtrise de l'immigration
En effet, dans l'évaluation de sa maîtrise de l'immigration , le Chef de l'Etat n'a reçu qu'une note de 3,74 sur 10. Sur l'emploi, Emmanuel Macron obtient la note de 4,45 sur 10.

YouTube launches $25m crackdown on 'fake news' videos
These tests are being run in 25 markets across the USA and Google says that local news has gotten "strong engagement" so far. YouTube has a long way to go in its battle against fake news and conspiracies, its executives acknowledged.

Préparation, Memphis Depay retrouve le groupe de Genesio — OL
La saison passée, il a réalisé la campagne la plus prolifique de sa carrière depuis sa dernière saison au PSV Eindhoven. Il y aura une sanction très grave, parce que vis-à-vis des autres, c'est indispensable.

Rafael Nadal joins Roger Federer in Wimbledon quarter-finals
Yet Federer quickly snuffed out the danger and broke in the next game before rounding off the match in typically ruthless fashion. Nadal has made the quarter-finals for the first time since finishing runner-up to Djokovic in 2011. (12) Jelena Ostapenko bt.

Seri va quitter le club — OGC Nice
Pour autant, aucun accord n'est jusqu'ici conclu entre les clubs allemand et français pour le buteur de 25 ans. Les noms de Chelsea, Naples et West Ham reviennent avec insistance.

Sarah Palin Says She Was ‘Duped’ By Sacha Baron Cohen’s "Sick Humor"
Showtime is adding to its slate of politically charged shows, including a new newsmagazine and a project from comedian Sacha Baron Cohen .

Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
President Trump suggested such member states should reimburse the USA for being delinquent on their obligations for years. After that comes a visit to Finland and another high-profile summit on Monday-with Russian President Vladimir Putin .

Wimbledon: Del Potro rejoint Nadal en quarts de finale
En faisant jouer del Potro plus de 4 heures, il a montré qu'il était encore capable de bousculer les meilleurs mondiaux. Il n'a pas concrétisé ses quatre balles de match à 5-4 et a été ensuite poussé dans un tie-break très serré.

Eden Hazard is Real Madrid’s ‘Plan C’ this summer
Ronaldo scored 451 goals in nine years for Real to become the club's record goalscorer. His sights are now set on Turin, Italy, where he will wear the Juventus shirt.

Kings reportedly preparing offer sheet for Marcus Smart
The 22-year-old power forward averaged 15.3 points and 8.2 rebounds per game for the Golden Kings during the 2017-18 season. Sacramento is also reportedly interested in Cavaliers restricted free agent Rodney Hood.