Citing community response, a desire to create a "sustainable business model", and combatting a small number of users viewing "a disproportionately large number of movies" as the reasons for its decision, MoviePass - which now allows customers to see one theatrical release per day for a monthly price - confirmed Monday it will not increase its recurring fee to $14.95 per month.
Early Monday morning, Moviepass announced that it's killing the unlimited movie plan that saw it rocket to fame and financial ruin. Last week, the company said it would raise the price of its plan from $10 to $15 per month, but that's no longer the case.
MoviePass notes that only 15 percent of members see four or more movies a month so they expect the new subscription to have no impact whatsoever on the other 85 percent of subscribers.
Monday's announcement does not specify limitations on titles, though it does confirm the new plan "will include many major studio first-run film" when changes take effect with renewals on or after August 15. Now it seems like limiting the number of movies is the way they have chose to go. MoviePass's pricing is cheaper than Sinemia - MoviePass is $9.95 per month for three tickets, while Sinemia is $14.95 for three movies - but MoviePass still has some restrictions on what movies you can see, while Sinemia has zero restrictions on what movies you can see, and also lets you into IMAX and 3-D shows as well. By limiting ticket usage, the new plan addresses what MoviePass calls past misuse like ticket scalping which imposed undue costs on the system.
What do you think of MoviePass's new plan to become profitable? In the press release announcing its new plan, the company said "the new plan will include many major studio first-run films".
As for mobile hotspot use, that's also included, though not at the same sort of speeds as T-Mobile ONE customers might experience. Overall, if you don't need extras like worldwide calling, the T-Mobile Essentials plan will let you save a few bucks.
L'avionneur franco-italien, détenu à 50 % par Airbus, va finalement livrer cinq avions régionaux à l'Iran. Ses appareils, qui contiennent des composants américains, sont assujettis aux sanctions américaines .
NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France was arrested in The Hamptons late Sunday night and charged with DUI, police say. While France is a Long Island resident in the summer, he was not at the track in upstate NY prior to his arrest.
Overall, police say at least 57 people were shot since Friday evening during one of the most violent weekends on record. Police say the violence is unacceptable and they say they continue to take illegal guns off the streets.
Canada, Mexico and the European Union have responded to United States taxes on steel and aluminum with retaliatory tariffs . United States tariffs on another $16 billion worth of Chinese imports are set to be enacted at a later date.
The man died 12 miles north of Marsa Alam city as a result of an attack by a shark, city council chairman General Atef Wagdy said. In 2010, the government was forced to close off a stretch of beach in Sharm el-Sheikh after five attacks in five days.
Boris Johnson faces criticism over burka 'letterbox' jibe
Nonetheless, he recognised that a total ban on burqas and niqabs was "not the answer" and said: "I don't propose we follow suit". Miqdaad Versi, assistant secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, accused Mr Johnson of "pandering to the far-right".
Child thrown into Tampa river; mother charged with murder
Denson is accused of stealing a car from an auto fix shop, then parking the vehicle on North Rome Avenue, police said. According to police, witnesses say they observed her forcefully pushing a child into the backseat of the auto .
Beyonce Reveals She Had Emergency C-Section
Growing up and growing older has worked well for the music icon, who says she's happier now than she was when she was younger. While a third said: 'I love Rihanna and her issue is wonderful but this time I gotta admit that Beyonce's issue is better'.
Pyongyang critique "l'impatience" des États-Unis
Le rapport sur six mois, établi par des experts indépendants sur la mise en œuvre des sanctions de l'ONU, a été soumis au Comité des sanctions sur la Corée du Nord du Conseil de sécurité tard vendredi soir.
Corey Coleman gets second chance with Bills
Team general manager John Dorsey has also stated that he has interest in signing free agent Dez Bryant . To make room for Coleman on the active roster, the Bills released wide receiver Quan Bray.
Alberta, B.C. heat warnings bring national total to 110
A cold front is expected to move through the area on Tuesday, which will bring an end to the short heat event. Environment Canada and Halton Region remind residents to never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.