Sarfaraz Ahmed sacked as Pakistan captain in Test and T20 cricket

19 Octobre, 2019, 10:10 | Auteur: Adelaide Bullion
  • Azhar Ali and Babar Azam

Azhar Ali will lead Pakistan in Tests for the 2019-20 season while batsman Babar Azam will guide the T20 squad till the World Cup next year in Australia, announced PCB.

In the clip shared by a journalist on Twitter, players can be seen dancing. This was a pre-planned post as part of the one-year to go #T20WorldCup promotional campaign.

In the wake of Pakistan's dip in form in the recent times, wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfaraz Ahmed has been sacked as the captain of the national team with immediate effect, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has confirmed.

Sarfaraz Ahmed was on Friday sacked as Pakistan's Test and T20 captain following the team's unexpected loss in the home series against Sri Lanka. "I feel humbled, excited and privileged, and with the support of the team, look forward to justifying the faith that has been entrusted upon me for the World Test Championship", Ali had said.

Sarfaraz also captains Omar's owned Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League and led the franchise to its maiden title win in 4th edition after finishing runner-up twice in the past.

"Sarfaraz Ahmed has done an excellent job in transforming raw talent into experienced players and I now look forward to inspiring those skillful players in our endeavours to collectively achieve our World Test Championship objectives and beyond".

"I wish Azhar and Azam the best of luck and thank all the coaches, selectors and officials for helping me in the journey", he is quoted as saying in the release.

Megyn Kelly returns to Fox and slams NBC News over Matt Lauer
Megyn Kelly speaks out about NBC's alleged Weinstein cover-up for the first time since leaving the network on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight '.

Ronaldo nets 700th career goal in Portugal's loss to Ukraine
It was the seventh goal in six qualifying matches for Ronaldo, and his 95th overall with Portugal . Ronaldo's 95 global goals put him within 14 of the all-time record held by Iran's Ali Daei.

Patrick Mahomes suffered no ligament damage, will have 'brief absence'
He threw a 57-yard touchdown pass to Tyreek Hill and completed 10 of 19 passes for 117 yards. "Hard to be a relief pitcher". Everyone jumped up from the pile but Mahomes, who quickly reached for his right knee as trainers rushed onto the field.

"These are exciting times in Pakistan cricket with a new team management".

Babar Azam, who led the U19 side in the 2012 Cricket World Cup, is also relishing the challenges which are ahead of him. They were ranked at the fifth spot in the teams' rankings of the tournament and could not qualify for the semi-finals.

Azhar previously skippered Pakistan in one Test and 31 one-day internationals between 2015 and 2017, losing 18 and winning 21 with one no result. He was then named captain across all formats following the 2017 tour of the West Indies.

The Men in Green will also play three T20Is each against Australia (3rd, 5th and 8th of November) and Bangladesh before the curtain falls on their worldwide domestic season in early February 2020.

The change in captaincy comes after Pakistan was beaten 3-0 by Sri Lanka last week in a Twenty20 series in Lahore.

Pakistan are also scheduled to play three T20Is each against Australia (November 3, 5 and 8) and Bangladesh.

Conseillé:

Populaire

Nationals beat the odds, and will have to again in World Series
Hudson was out of the sport after recording one out on 15 pitches in opposition to eight Washington Nationals batters, and the St. With a sea of red-shirted fans roaring them om, the Nats raced into a 7-0 lead in a disastrous first inning for the Cardinals .

Beijing's economic growth sinks to lowest level in 26 years
Industrial output on the mainland rose 5.8% in September, beating the 5% estimate and August's seventeen year low of 4.4%. More than one million hogs have been culled in the past 12 months, according to official reports.

Johnson’s ‘Great New Deal’ Avoids Brexit Deadline, Distances ‘Liability’ Northern Ireland
Asked whether Saturday's vote was the biggest thing he has done professionally, the PM said: 'Well I wouldn't deny that, I think it's a very big moment for our country'.

Tech's NCAA Grad Rate Continues to be Lofty
Women's cross country/track & field and women's swimming achieved a flawless mark for the sixth straight year. Four of the five Tech teams that own 100-percent GSRs have done so for multiple years in a row.

Kanye West releases trailer for 'Jesus Is King' IMAX film
He then goes on to explain: "I want to let you know that I am not here for your entertainment this afternoon. West was expected to release his ninth studio album in September after a year of delays.

Wing's drone delivery company delivers in Christiansburg Virginia
The drones lower cargo weighing up to three pounds into customers' yards, making deliveries in as little as five to 10 minutes. They can also choose to have scheduled FedEx Express deliveries dropped on their front doorsteps by Wing's fleet.

All Blacks v Ireland by the numbers
While Ireland have been under par for much of this tournament, all of that has been forgotten heading into the knockout stages. And his assistant, Andy Farrell, has worked out a defensive system that seems to be working against the All Blacks .

NOAA: Warmer Than Average Winter For Maine, New England
NOAA's Climate Prediction Center issues the three-month outlook each month, the next update will be November 21. Portions of the northern continental US should see more precipitation than usual; the same is true for Hawaii.

Ohio State vs. Northwestern score
Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald admitted his team faced an uphill task to stop Fields on Friday. Binjimen Victor is the leading receiver with 18 catches for 348 yards and three scores.

Police arrest the father in Dutch family farm mystery
The 25-year-old man who told investigators he'd been held captive at the farmhouse for nine years said he escaped to a bar. Josef Brunner, the alleged captor, having ever been associated in any way with the Unification Church ", the FFWPU said.