He was found guilty of being involved in killings between August 1944 and April 1945.
Forty co-plaintiffs were part of the trial, with 35 survivors of Stutthof among them.
He said he was "shaken" by witness accounts from Stutthof, where tens of thousands of people died from illness, malnutrition and murder by gas chamber and surprise execution. Four of the former prisoners appeared at the Hamburg court to recount daily abuses, hunger and executions in that camp, according to the German public broadcaster Tagesschau. Dey confessed at the start of the trial a year ago for working at Stutthof, but claimed he did not work there willingly. Because of Dey's age, court sessions were limited to two, two-hour sessions a week.
In his closing statement this week, Dey apologized to the victims and their relatives. "What is so upsetting for survivors is that this defendant failed to use the many postwar years of his life to reflect on what he saw and heard".
In the lead-up to the trial, however, investigators said Dey had described horrific scenes of violence and suffering at the camp. It also alleged that he "contributed to the execution of the kill order". His trial took place in juvenile court because of his age at the time the crime was committed.
Prosecutors prevailed in securing a conviction for Dey by relying on a precedent set in previous Nazi crime cases that forgo providing evidence in each specific murder- a near-impossible task due to the circumstances of deaths related to concentration camps and time elapsed.
Dey told the court that as a trained baker's apprentice, he attempted to get sent to an army kitchen or bakery when he learned he'd been assigned to Stutthof.
A 93-year-old man, identified as Bruno D, was discovered as a former Nazi concentration camp guard in April 2019.
Since then, there has been a surge in investigations and charges against former Nazi guards and officers. A special prosecutors' office that investigates Nazi-era crimes has more than a dozen ongoing investigations. The rush by authorities to reexamine old files comes amid rising concern over anti-Semitism in Europe and as the last of the World War II generation passes away.
The judge said that, while Dey should have tried to avoid service at Stutthof, the sentence was appropriate to his guilt.
Bruno Dey was handed a two-year suspended prison sentence by a court in the German city of Hamburg.
'I would like to stress again that I would never have voluntarily signed up to the SS or any other unit - especially not in a concentration camp, ' he said in his final statements before the court delivered the verdict.
Health officials say this means numbers show very high exposure and spread of the coronavirus in the county. Proportion of cases not in congregate settings such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Numerous lockdown measures are beginning to ease in England, with the young prince expected to celebrate his birthday at home. The photos were taken recently, likely at the family's home in Norfolk where they've been staying amid the pandemic.
All will be revealed when Bill & Ted Face the Music drops on VOD - and, hopefully, in select theaters - on September 1, 2020 . It's part of the charm!" he says, adding that "This movie is very much in the spirit of the other two films across the board.
These types of a sweet soul and with radiant￼ power so comprehensive of everyday living. "Gone to [sic] soon". Roche had joined music company Valholla Entertainment in 2011 and served as the vice president of A&R.
Americans will receive the vaccine for free, the companies said. "A vaccine is meaningless if people are unable to afford it". If everything goes to plan, Americans could begin receiving the vaccine, free of charge, as soon as December of this year.
Senators Call For Inquiry Into N.S. Shooting
Some family members of victims have questioned whether a provincial alert could have prevented some of the deaths. Both the interim and final report outlining findings and recommendations will be made public.
China successfully launches mission to land rover on Mars
But the Russian spacecraft carrying the probe failed to exit the Earth's orbit and disintegrated over the Pacific Ocean. Exploration started 60 years ago, when the first Mars probe was sent by the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR).
Premier League club nearly lost £1m after email hack
The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said it was only the intervention of the unnamed club's bank that stopped the theft. It meant that CCTV and turnstiles were unable to operate, nearly leading to a fixture cancellation.