Resurgence in COVID-19 cases slows oil demand rebound -IEA
20 Janvier, 2021, 23:21 | Auteur: Auguste Feret
"Global oil demand is expected to recover by 5.5 million barrels per day (mbd) to 96.6 mbd in 2021, following an unprecedented collapse of 8.8 mbd in 2020", the IEA said in its latest monthly report.
The Russian and American oil and gas industries were by far the largest emitters of methane in 2020, followed by those of Iran, Turkmenistan and Iraq, according to the IEA.
Both supply and demand are on track for recovery this year, and efforts by top producers to balance the market by reining in output helped lower stockpiles of crude and oil products worldwide, though oil stocks remained stubbornly close to a May peak.
On the supply side, the IEA said that after "falling by a record 6.6 mbd in 2020, world oil supply is set to rise by over 1.0 mbd this year".
Methane has more than 80 times the warming potential of carbon dioxide in its first 20 years in the atmosphere and is liable to leak from oil and gas infrastructure, such as pipelines.
"There is no good reason to allow these harmful leaks to continue and there is every reason for responsible operators to ensure that they are addressed".
According to the report, oil production is responsible for nearly 40% of methane emissions today with the remaining 60% coming from the natural gas value chain. It normally receives less attention than Carbon dioxide when talking about the climate crisis, but methane is actually about 84 times more potent than Carbon dioxide at warming the planet over a 20-year period, and 25 times more powerful over a 100-year period.
Scientists estimate that 60 percent of the methane released in the atmosphere is caused by humans, tracing back to animal farming (44 percent of livestock emissions are methane), waste, and leaks at oil and gas drilling sites.
Si la sélection est moins étoffée que les années précédentes, chaque restaurant promu le mérite amplement, souligne Michelin . Et il n'y a qu'un seul nouveau lauréat des trois macarons: le chef marseillais Alexandre Mazzia et son restaurant AM.
Hammer wrote a raunchy caption under the video, in which he referred to the unidentified woman as Ms Cayman. I am really sorry and I apologize for the pain that my insane attempt to make irony has caused".
Yesterday, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab claimed delays to fishing experts were simply "teething problems". The Scotland Food & Drink association said exporters could be losing more than £1 million in sales a day.
TV host Wendy Williams is firing back at her brother, who claimed that she did not show up to their mother's funeral. Dude came for her via an Instagram Live session saying she snubbed their mother's funeral last November.
Le musée a indiqué être en contact avec les propriétaires d'un ballon à l'effigie de Sadiq Khan , maire travailliste de Londres. Il symbolise les manifestations contre Donald Trump qui se sont tenues dans la capitale britannique.
Harbhajan last played for India during the T20 World Cup in 2016 and has featured in 103 Tests, 236 ODIs and 28 T20Is. The CSK, one of the most successful franchises of the IPL , had the worst season in 2020 when they finished 7th.
While the first Test between India and England is scheduled on 5-9 February, the second match will be played between 13-17. They had just 0.15 crore left in their purse while the Kings XI Punjab had the largest balance of INR 16.5 crore.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Monday because the trade had not been announced. Bednar is 0-2 in his Major League Baseball career, posting a 6.75 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 17.1 innings pitched.
Justin Fields Declares for NFL Draft
Olave was Ohio State's leading receiver and Fields' favorite target. "There are so many great memories but we're not done yet". The 21-year-old Fields was a Heisman Trophy finalist and went 20-2 as a two-year starter at Ohio State.
At least two killed in Madrid city centre explosion
All residents from the elderly care home have been evacuated, said the director of Los Nogales residence, Antonio Berlanga. Mayor Jose Luis Martinez-Almeida told reporters at the scene that "it seems there was a gas explosion in the building".