Victorian man tests positive to COVID-19 after completing hotel quarantine
11 Mai, 2021, 21:35 | Auteur: Christine Menetries
The Ministry of Health is not recommending any changes to the Australian travel bubble after the announcement of a community case in Melbourne, stating the health risk is low. CCTV footage is being rechecked to ensure there were no hotel quarantine breaches, and there are now new guests staying on the floor with the man who returned a positive test result had stayed.
The man from Wollert developed symptoms on Saturday and has returned a positive result after getting tested on Monday.
"On that basis the Ministry does not at this stage recommend any change in Quarantine Free Travel between New Zealand and Victoria".
South Australian health authorities said the Victorian man may have contracted the virus from a positive case in the medi-hotel room adjacent to his.
"There is no such thing as a foolproof hotel quarantine facility, which is why this evening's national budget is a golden opportunity for the Commonwealth to step up and do its constitutional duty and fund, with the states, a quarantine facility such as that proposed by Victoria", said Foley.
The ministry will be requesting airlines communicate this message to anyone flying to New Zealand from Victoria in the next 24 hours and will also be contacting recent arrivals from Melbourne and Victoria since May 6, providing the same advice. The Ministry of Health says the risk to New Zealand is low. The list of sites will be published when they are confirmed, the department said.
Anyone who had been at a location of interest could not travel to New Zealand from Australia within 14 days of exposure.
The man is being interviewed and exposure sites are being verified.
The man is isolating at home while further tests are conducted, and his immediate family members are also in isolation and being tested as primary close contacts.
The man had returned from overseas on 20 April and had recorded negative tests on days one, five, nine and 13 of his hotel quarantine.
SA Chief Health Officer, Professor Nicola Spurrier told the media in Adelaide she did not believe the man was infectious in SA "given the timing of his symptoms", adding it is unlikely he was infectious while in quarantine in SA or on a domestic flight back to Melbourne.
Russian media report that several people have been killed and wounded in a school shooting in the city of Kazan. According to authorities, the second shooter is a 19-year-old individual, who had an officially registered gun.
Space Command Public Affairs, told CBS News. "This is hard to predict and not an exact measurement", Space-Track wrote on Twitter. The Long March launched last week was the second deployment of the 5B variant since its maiden flight in May previous year .
The budget windfall has been driven by strong capital gains on the investments earned by California's wealthiest taxpayers. Qualified families with dependents, including undocumented families, will also now be eligible for an additional $500.
Son état de santé s'est fortement dégradé ces derniers mois, alors qu'il est incarcéré à la prison de Fresnes (Val-de-Marne). D'après le quotidien, les médecins auraient considéré que l'Ogre des Ardennes n'était plus réanimable.
Health ministry spokesman Dastagir Nazari said several ambulances had been rushed to the site and were evacuating the wounded. Earlier the group took responsibility for the targeted killing of three female media personnel in eastern Afghanistan.
YVR Airport says it is working with RCMP and responding to reports of a police incident outside of the YVR main terminal. The Lower Mainland's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) is expected to speak to the media shortly in Richmond.
The State Department said it was "deeply concerned about the heightened tensions", and the evictions of Palestinian families. Thousands protested afterwards, waving the green flags of the Islamic militant group Hamas and chanting pro-Hamas slogans.
It is the fourth coronavirus variant to be added to the list, after the three first confirmed in Britain, South Africa and Brazil. Swaminathan said, "In fact, people should go ahead and get whatever vaccine is available to them".
The Microsoft co-founder and his wife built the world's largest charitable foundation - all while raising three children. On the occasion of Mother's Day yesterday, Melinda Gates opened up about motherhood.
Province lowers COVID-19 vaccine age eligibility
The man in his 70s was from the Winnipeg health region, while the one in his 80s was from the Prairie Mountain Health region. At 402, there are now more active cases in Prairie Mountain Health than at any point in the pandemic thus far.
What holiday destinations will be on the green list?
Test results will not be stated in the app and the process for booking and presenting test results for travel remains unchanged. Those without access to the app can request a letter from the NHS proving their vaccination status by calling 119, from 17 May.